Do you need help choosing your next book?
The World Book Night booklist is full of recommendations for young people and adults alike. But how you do know which one to choose?
We’ve separated the list out into categories to help you pick a book. Whether you like fast-paced thrillers, real life stories, or are looking for something to help you make positive changes to your life, now you can find your perfect book.
If you’re new to reading, or short on time, you can also explore Quick Reads – short books and great stories written by bestselling authors.
Real stories from real people – find out about their experiences.
- Making It by Jay Blades
- Maybe I Don’t Belong Here by David Harewood
- One Body: A Retrospective written and narrated by Catherine Simpson
- Pulling Through by Catherine Jessop
- This Monk Wears Heels: Be Who You Are by Kodo Nishimura
Crime and thriller
Action-packed thrillers, police procedurals, cosy crime and mysteries. These books are for the detectives among us!
- One False Move by Dreda Say Mitchell
- The Double Clue: And Other Hercule Poirot Stories by Agatha Christie
- The Patient: A DS Cross Thriller by Tim Sullivan
- The Trust by M.H. Ecclestone
- Wish You Were Dead by Peter James
Looking for a delicious meal, a pick-me-up or a bit of advice? Turn to these to put a smile on your face.
- Feel Good Food by Joe Wicks
- Lift Your Vibe by Richie Norton
- Paris for One by Jojo Moyes
- The Natural Health Service: What the Great Outdoors Can Do For Your Mind written and narrated by Isabel Hardman
Sometimes we just need a really great story to pass the time and escape the worries of everyday life. These books are all very different, but all fantastic reads.
- Dead Man Talking by Roddy Doyle
- Dear Edward by Ann Napolitano
- Hello Mum by Bernardine Evaristo
- Nightingale Point by Luan Goldie
- Passing by Nella Larsen
- This Way Out by Tufayel Ahmed
- The Woman in the White Kimono by Ana Johns, narrated by Laurence Bouvard
A selection of books perfect for any age, but suitable for readers aged 14+.
- Aftershocks by Anne Fine
- Game Over: Rise of the Raid Mob by M.J. Sullivan
- Superheroes: Inspiring Stories of Secret Strength by Sophia Thakur and Denzell Dankwah
- The Songs You’ve Never Heard by Becky Jerams and Ellie Wyatt
- This Book Kills by Ravena Guron
- You Think You Know Me by Ayaan Mohamud